Questions & Answers
What is included in your stay?
The price of your stay includes:
- All utility costs – Heating, Electric, Water. *Please note this does not include wood for the fire in the Coach House.
- Bed linen (not including cot linen)
- 2 T-towels & Oven Mitts
- 1 Kitchen roll
- Washing up liquid, dish cloth and sponge
- 2 Toilet rolls
- Bath mats
- New Soap bars, as well as liquid soap
- Spare bins bags, Light Bulbs
- The use of our BBQs ( Please note Charcoal is extra)
- Outdoor Bench per cottage
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Digital TV and DVDs
- Local information leaflets
- Access to over 450 acres of our estate including 50 acres of woodland &2.5 mile stretch of the River Tâf.
- Free fishing on the River Tâf. (Government licence required)
- Please note we do not provide towels. Towels can be hired at £5 per set and are not to leave the property.
- A travel cot and a high chair are available on request for children up to 3yrs. (Cot linen not provided)
- Shared use of the family garden and children’s play areas
- Feeding the animals twice a day : Collecting eggs, feeding Lambs, Pygmy Goat & Calves – COVID UPDATE – A rota system will be in place, with one family joining us at a time. Social distancing in place and all guest must wash their hands before and after feeding the animals.
What do our welcome trays include?
Our welcome trays include :
- Eggs from our chickens
- A Small Local Organic Milk
- Welsh cakes or Tregroes Waffles (Substitutes available – please ask)
- A selection of Teas both caffeine and herbal
- Sugars and Sweeteners
All of our cottages are self-catering, with enough cutlery, utensils and glasses for the maximum number of guests allowed.
Do we need to bring towels?
Towels are no included in your stay.
If you wish to hire towels, they are £5 per set, inclusive of face, hand and bath towels. Please, as stated in our terms and conditions; our towels are not to be taken from the property. Please bring your own set of towels for going to the beach or leisure facilities
Are high chairs and cots available?
High chairs and cots are available on request. Please note, full cot bed linen is not included, only mattresses cover.
You can add high chairs and cots to your booking via our Guest Login or by contacting us before your arrival.
Arrival & Departure
Please do not arrive any earlier than 5:00pm on the day of your arrival. With “double cleaning” now in place due to Covid 19, it is taking us longer to clean and disinfect.
Please vacate the property by 10:00am on your departure day. We reserve the right to charge a surcharge of £20 per hour. Due to the current increased levels of cleaning, we need as much time to provide the highest level of cleaning in a short time.
How do we pay and do you accept cards?
A non–refundable deposit of £200 is required for all weekly bookings (or the full amount if this is less for short breaks) at the time of booking to secure your reservation.
Our preferred method of payment is via Bank Transfer (BACS). Please use your booking number and name as the reference. Our bank details are: Lloyds Bank, Mrs A Colledge, Sort code: 30-9-68 Account: 00056673
We also accept cards. When making a booking online, there is the option to either pay via bank transfer or by card. If you choose card, it will take you directly to our secure card processor – Holiday rent payment.
When is the balance due for our stay?
The remaining balance for your stay is due 14 days before your arrival (usually 60 days outside of COVID times)
What is a security deposit?
A security deposit for any damages will be held for £200.00, 14 days before the start of your holiday. All multiple bookings will have a security deposit held for each cottage.
Please allow up to 14 days after your departure, for the hold to be removed from your card, if the property is to be found in the same good order it was when you arrived.
Can we bring extra people?
The exact number of people allowed in each property is clearly stated and must not be exceeded. This is a matter of health & safety and fire standards. The Tower is the only property with space for an extra person and this must be arranged before arrival in writing.
Are the cottages NON SMOKING?
All of our accommodation is STRICTLY NON SMOKING. All bookings are accepted on the strict understanding of no smoking in any property or building on the premises. Please use ash trays provided and respect the environment by not dropping cigarette butts on the ground.
How far are we from the beach?
Amroth is our closest beach – 20 minutes away, 10.6 miles. We have written a guide for family friendly, dog friendly, surfing and award winning beaches. Please visit our local information pages on our Guest Login.
Are we allowed to bring our Doggo?
We do accept well behaved dogs on the following acceptions :
- Dogs are not to be left on their own in the cottage at any time.
- Dogs are not allowed in the Childrens play area.
- Dogs are to be kept on the lead under the control of a responsible adult.
- Dogs are to be kept on a lead in the gardens and are only allowed off the lead in designated fields.
- We will let you know on arrival which fields you can let them off the lead, as we are a working farm – We have cows and calves in the fields and cows do not like dogs.
- Owners are expected to clean muddy dogs before entering the property.
- Owners are responsible for “bagging and binning” of their pets litter. Pet waste bins are provided.
- We do charge an extra cleaning fee of £5 each per night with a maximum of 2 per cottage. If there is found to be more dogs than stated, we reserve the right to ask you to find alternative suitable accommodation for any extra dogs.
- Some breeds of dog, including those listed in the Dangerous Dog Act 1991, are not allowed, if in doubt please check when booking.
- If we think your pet is causing a disturbance or damage to either livestock or the property, we reserve the right to ask you to remove them from the premises immediately.
- It is illegal under the Equality Act 2010 for any business to refuse access (in this case a booking) to a person with an assistance or guide dog, and as such assistance dogs are welcome in our cottages free of charge. We reserve the right to view an assistance dog’s ID.
Other pets may be permitted at our discretion, please check when booking.
Which local vets would you recommend?
Market Hall vets – St.Clears – 01994 230 451
Is fishing free?
We offer all our guest free fishing along our 2.5 mile stretch of river, and in places both sides.
We have Brown trout all year round; Salmon and Sewin (Sea Trout) migrate up later in the season. The fishing season is from 3rd March – 30th September.
Fishing in waders, (if you have them) is advised as there are a number of trees along the river bank.
Amys partner Elliott is a very keen fisherman and would be more than happy to let you know where the best pools are and to share his experiences of fishing the river, and of local coarse fishing lakes to visit locally.
By law, you must obtain a rod fishing licence from the government, this can be done online or over the phone. https://www.gov.uk/fishing-licences/buy-a-fishing-licence
Where are the closest shops?
Narberth – 5.4 miles – 10 minutes drive – 2 Butchers, 2 Welsh delis, 1 Spanish deli, Health food shop at PlumbVanilla, Pharmacy, Costcutter with Post Office inside, Spar & CKs where there is a free cash machine.
Whitland – 5. Miles – 8 Minutes drive – Butchers, Coop with free cash machine outside, Boots Pharmacy, Post Office inside Premier.
You will most probably be driving through the town of Carmarthen. There you will find a M&S, Tesco, Aldi, Lidl, Morrisons ect. Before you pass through Carmarthen, there is a Farm Shop – Cwmcerrig Farm shop just off the A48 at Crosshands. Cwmcerrig Farm,Gorslas, Llanelli SA14 7HU. Open 7 Days Mon – Sat 8am – 5pm. Sun 8am – 3.30pm 01269 844405 http://www.cwmcerrigfarmshop.co.uk/
Can we get groceries delivered?
If you wish to have a Tesco, Asda or Morrisons delivered to your cottage that is fine!
Use the postcode SA340XH and click Gwarmacwydd and specify your cottage name. It’s probably best to give our home number (01437 563839) as we have limited phone signal.
We love to support local, and would like to personally recommend Ritec Valley Organic Veggie boxes! They deliver in the area every Wednesday. https://www.rvorganics.co.uk/
There’s the option of a bespoke box so you can build an order of exactly what you want from the produce listed on their website with a minimum order of £10 (includes delivery).All orders need to be emailed to Ritec Valley by 10.00am on a Tuesday morning for the Wednesday delivery.
Where would you recommend eating out nearby?
Please visit our local information pages on our Guest Login.
Where is the closest Doctors, Dentist, Hospital?
Dentist: Whitland – 5.2 miles – 8 Minutes – 01994 240932
Doctors: Whitland – 01994 240 195
Carmarthen – A&E – Glangwili, Dolgwili Orad, SA31 2AF – 01267 235151 – 30 minutes
Haverfordwest – A&E – Withybush, Fishguard Road, SA61 2PZ – 01437 764545 – 30 minutes
When are you open?
We are open all year round!